Tuesday, August 4, 2009

a love story...

Nic and I decided to get hitched.
[a while ago].
we set the date.
[october 28, 2009]
*shout out to Nanny and Jordon Jones for sharing our future annivers with their days of birth.
we will be having our celebration
[i'm anti calling it a reception... boring]
at rice eccles towers. so we decided to buy a house...
we looked.
and looked.
and looked.
and looked.
we found this and LOVED it...
[at the district]

so we were set.
but then we began to worry...
we backed out and found this little gem.

we are building... so obvi this in not our furniture.
but hopefully one day we will have millions.
we will buy furniture.
out life is so good.
i am so so lucky.
and now what you've ALL been waiting for...

Friday, July 31, 2009 I got off work at my usual 6:30
because of all the above happenings we are on a little budget.
so the plan was to go to Nic's and make dinner.
then we were going to look for appliances for our cute little condo.
when i got off work i was walking to my car and called nic.
he asked if i had gotten to my car yet.
i said no.
then i saw a cute little pink card on my windshield.
i told him i'd call him later.
the card was a sweet little picture of two kids
(probably in fifth grade)
and it said something about...
hurry and get ready and prince charming will pick you up at 7:45.
if any of you know me over an hour to get ready is a lot of time...
so i was quite antsy.
katy and i were picking out the best outfit.
i did my hair curly
[since nic LOVES it that way]
prince charming arrived at 7:45 sharp
with this boquet of flowers:
[calla lillies are my favorite]
he said that we were going to dinner at Chili's.
he had an extra landscaping check that he didn't know about.
so i was thrilled.
I KNEW TONIGHT WAS THE NIGHT.
or at least i thought.
during dinner nic said sorry he didn't have the ring.
he felt real bad but promised we'd get engaged soon.
what?
WHAT?
what?
i could NOT believe it.
so i was a little sad.
but of course Nic wanted to make me happier.
he said he planned a suprise.
i had to wear a blindfold.
it was about 20 minutes away.
and i was really bummed.
but nic made things better.
[he always does]
so we drove and drove.
and i figured we were either...
at the airport
in the canyon
or
at the university of utah.

this is me...
just wondering where we were.
i opened my eyes to this little memory.
RIVERSIDE ELEMENTARY!!!
this is where we first meet.

Nic and I were fifth grade debate partners.
thanks to mr. taylor we are now fit to be wed.

Nicholas Oliver Jones
asked me
Paulette Hailey Hood

to be his wifey for time and all eternity.
the little trickster really had me fooled.

don't mind me crying my eyes out.
never did i know such a great blessing in my life.

Thank heavens for Nic Jones.

LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!!!

81 days...

15 comments:

Kyle and Amanda said...

Yeah! You pretty wonderful girl.. You are so lucky. He is so lucky. I want you guys to be so happy!

Carrie said...

That is so cute! I'm so happy for ya, Hood! :)

The Winkels said...

YAY! We are so thrilled for you! Can't wait for the big day. We love you both!

*Aliese* said...

WooHoo! That's so awesome! I love that he proposed at Riverside...What a creative idea. :)

Jessica said...

I am so excited for you two!! This is the best ever! I am a little sad however that you are not moving to the district cause that is where Reg and I live.We could of been neighbors. But I am still happy for you to get a new house! Whoo hoo!

Scott and Jess said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!! so great. congrats, he seems like a great guy. can't wait for the celebration...not the reception.

Brenna said...

Note to Hai*
You got engaged on my date of birth. Self shout out to me.
I love your blog of sunshine.

Cassidy Meine said...

Add Dan Weiler to the birthday friends of Oct 28th. I LOVE Hailey Jones and am so excited for you. He sure seems like a charm. Ps. we were going to buy one of those district townhomes too! I loved them but we were destined to be farther south!

Mandee lost her individuality. said...

I love you Hailey! You are so cool. You sound like you have quite the catch there too. That is the cutest story, possibly ever. You will always be my Bro. Sweat seminary buddy. <3<3

The Stone's said...

Love it! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Can I give you a shower? I would really love too! I think that crying picture is so funny. So happy for you! Yay for marriage!

Jenelle said...

Best post ever. I'm just a little confused as to why you didn't include the best news EVER that comes along with this: your way cool new sis-in-law. Whatever, you can post about that later. Jokes, phh, jokes. I love you and am SO happy Nic found you. Riverside forever!

Jaime said...

Love it all. Especially the mascara eyes. You're a hottie and you're going to have the cutest kids in the world.

Unknown said...

What a cute proposal! I cried when Adam proposed...thought I'd never see the day. That's so sweet...what a tricker.

Melissa said...

I bet that could be one of the cutest proposals I have ever heard of. Congrats Hailey!!! I am truly happy for you.

Mike and Corie said...

Goose!!!
that is so wonderful!! I loved that he surprised you. You guys look so happy together.
I LOVE YA -Diva