Sunday, October 18, 2009

ten days. [and counting]

this is the face i get from my nic everyday. this is the why are you stressed out so much babe. and the answer is, because i'm getting married in ten days. it's different then i thought. it's better than christmas eve, the week before my mission, better than high school dances, or the antisipation of going school shopping. knowing that i get to live with this guy for the next eternity makes me have permanent butterflies.

nic is the most patient man on the face of the earth. he has been so helpful and involved in the wedding celebration of the century. at least for us. we've borrowed a quote from my good friend Craig P (aka president burton) Go Big or Go Home. every extra dime we have to spend we just laugh and say, well we're only doing this once.

weddings sure are expensive. but we have done a great job keeping our cost under control. that is a great part about nic and i. i'm miss thrifty, lets find a deal, get a deal, barter, plead and shop until we get what we want for the price we want. and nic is keeping track of my deals and teaching me that sometimes we have to pay a little more than we wished. to get what we want.

ten days is a short time. ten days is just over a week. we are working on the final touches. which are turning out just as perfect as the rest. ordering pictures, making sure the jones soda's have their labels, and getting my dressed cleaned. we are busy as ever and it has taken it's toll on both of us. sometimes our fuses get shorter and my feelings get more tender than usual which as you all know, is almost impossible. but over and over again. i am reminded of why i love my nic.

heavenly father sure loves me. my life works out. it's true. i feel like the most blessed young lady on this earth. i pray every night that i can live the life that heavenly father has intended. but it just seems too great. i'm just too lucky.

may the lord bless and keep us these next few days, we are on the final stretch.

1 comment:

Diane Dimond said...

I'm going to leave a comment like you left me cause it left the biggest smile on my face!
1- Your dress with you in it is breathtaking.
2- Jones soda? at your wedding? best idea I have ever heard of. I hope you have fufuberry.
3- I love that you and Nic went to elementary together. Too bad he didn't come to West Jordan High.
4- Love that we are still friends after many years.

See you at your wedding! It will all work out perfectly.